Sunday 23 November 2008

Hey You!

Get your shell suit out of my photo! Don't you know this is one of ME and The Pyramid ONLY...?!


This is Monte Alban near Oaxaca. Some nice Peace Corps volunteers I met kindly took me out here for the day in their car, so was a very nice easy day of wandering around the ruins, trying to capture pictures of shell-suit wearing guides in front of the temples.

I learnt two main things about the temple:
  • The inhabitants played squash!
  • The priests made holes in the ceilings so that they could track different constellations that would help them predict when the rains were coming / when they should harvest their crops etc.
This is not very much for a whole day i know...but it is tricky in Spanish :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice depth of field - what camera are you using?

Sandy said...

Hey there

Nice photo! of you i mean ;)

also, cropping? very useful for removing offensivly clad hangers on...

:D x

Naird said...

Considering your lack of hairdryer and products, I'm very impressed by how well your hair is holding up! Very nice indeed.

sparkadelic said...

Where's the hat?

Steph said...

It's a Canon SX100....ok, but not great in low light i'm finding. I want my old one back :(

The hat is squashed, and shedding dried glue....it is not currently a good look. Am considering abandoning the hat.

Naird said...

I'd better not break the old one then or there will be trouble with a capital TR!