Wednesday 26 November 2008

Everybody go surfing...

Or don't...cos it hurts a lot. I had 3 days of lessons in Puerto Escondido with a random bloke who had been banned from the local surf association for fighting. It mainly resulted in severe exhaustion, cut feet, bruised knees and elbows, burned legs, and drowned rat demeanor....and that was just after meeting the surf teacher (heehee!)

I think the main problem is choosing to learn in a place where pro-surfers from around the world gather for the massive, fast-breaking waves. Next time, Brighton beach!

It was fun though, lots of water wildlife...Manta Rays surfing on the waves alongside me & leaping (HIGH!) into the air. And hopefully i can practice my new found surfer skills further down the coast in El Salvador and then amaze my friends with my new talents next time we visit the Gower!

1 comment:

Naird said...

Nomas will be very happy with you indeed! I have proven quite the disappointment in this area so I'll ride the waves (tee hee) of your success!